View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good news! Pait didn't tear any ligaments as we initially feared! However, his ankle is broken and he will miss 6-8 weeks, but the Senior should be back in time for the end of our regular season and our tourney run when we will need him.

In the meantime, we are going to go small with Bogans at center. He will give us a bit more offense from the position but not as much defense. It's a wash on the rebounding despite Bogans being smaller. Where this will really hurt is our bench depth.

Without the ability to bring Bogans off the bench, we are going to have to go small for a longer period each game and play Santos at PF throughout every game and not move him to SF at times when Andres is resting like I have done in the past. We'll have to use Owensworth at backup center which he is ill-suited for as well as the backup PF.

Our next game is our last non-conference game and it is at home against 4-7 Stony Brook. They are a more challenging team for us as they are ranked 72 in overall talent with a strength in rebounding that outranks us of 81 now that we are without Pait. Still, I expect a comfortable win. I'll play that and a few more games tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote