View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting 1-13 Longwood which should be our final blowout Non-conference game. They are rated 57 in overall talent and are a horrid team both offensively and defensively. They have terrible team unity and if we don't win by at least 20, I'll be disappointed.

About 5 minutes into the game, Pait pulls a muscle in his leg. Hopefully, it isn't serious. So far, we haven't pulled away as they've hit a few 3's. 10-8, we are up.

Early word is that Pait seriously injured his ankle He is definitely done for this game. At least, the team seems fired up and we are pulling away in this one. Owensworth is being asked to play some center for the moment although we'll probably go to Bogans soon.

We are up 24-17 at the 10 minute mark. They are shooting 3's much better than I expected. I tell my defenders to start claming down on their guards and SF.

Our bench is dominating theirs over the next 5 minutes. At the 5 minute mark, we are up 40-21 thanks in part to an 18-0 run.

With them playing so well, I leave most of my subs in the game for the next 5 minutes. We end the half with a lead of 24. 56-32.

Snow leads the team with 12 points. Andres has 11 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

The bad news is that it appears Pait broke his ankle. Worse yet, there may be ligament damage as well

We are never threatened in the 2nd half, and we rest our starters the last 10 minutes.

We win 89-59.

Hodari Chatman is the player of the game. He finished with 23 points and 2 assists. He shot 8 of 11, 6 of 8, and 1 of 1.

Snow had 19 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 8 of 12, 3 of 6.

Andres had 17 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 7 of 16 but 3 of 11 from the arc.

Santos had 15 points, 8 boards, and 3 steals.

Bogans who played 31 minutes due to Pait's injury had 1 point, 10 boars, 2 assists, 2 steals. He didn't block any shots and I think we are going to miss Pait's shot blocking presence.

We'll find out tomorrow how bad the injury is..

We are now 9-1.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote