View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #463
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Didn't get to see any of the performances this week, although I caught the recap of the girls. I'm traveling, and this is a horrible week to be traveling. Right now, I'm stuck in San Diego. Supposed to be in Dallas. Lost my luggage getting out here and had to give 2 presentations earlier in the week in the same clothes I wore on the plane. This blows.

Anyway, from what I read last week from an interview with Nigel, this week's Beatles songs are supposed to be only from their "early" period, meaning none of the songs Amanda could arguably sing will be included (if that's correct). Aside from some of the non-Lennon/McCartney songs from their first few albums that might work (Twist and Shout, etc.), I'm not sure what she'll sing. She has no ability to sing melodically when she's not screaming herself hoarse. From the recap, all I heard was the backing vocalists singing over her, which is a long-standing AI trick to disguise bad vocals. I think it will be hard to "top" her Kansas debacle, but she'll give it a shot.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote