View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 AM   #445
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
which leaves me with St Cronin and nfg, with Ardent putting a "place holder" vote on Alan with no real reason given. For want of anything better at the moment (this is, basically, a day one vote) I'll probably be voting to lynch one of these.

Thinking a bit more about this is there any real reason why we shouldn't have a No Lynch vote today as well? Hopefully there are some people who have a better idea about who one other person is/can do, but is there any over-riding reason to not let them go about collecting their information in peace? Without, in all probability, adding a villager to the deathlist with a lynch. I don't really understand what's changed so radically that the overwhelming majority (myself included, although I voted differently) were for a No Lynch yesterday but suddenly are prepared to vote on nothing more than hunches and supposition (again, myself included looking at my reasoning). Does anyone actually think that there's much more than 30% chance that their vote is for a bad guy? I certainly don't were I to vote for one of the three I've mentioned.

I can understand that people are getting itchy trigger fingers with the comparative lack of action/discussion going on but if we accept that there are multiple "detective" type roles why not let them get on with their work. When someone thinks that they have a compelling case against someone (for whatever reason) or that time really is ticking away then we can move to lynches. After another night then each person with some sort of seer ability should have a read on two people. To me that should really give us something solid to work with. Far more so than the voting patterns of a villager vs villager run off today.

I'm against no lynches in normal games but I can remember at least one case where no lynch decisions would have greatly strengthened the villagers cause. I just find it curious that there was such a run on the No Lynch option yesterday ("the only logical option" etc etc) but suddenly nobody seems to even think it's an option worth mentioning today.

VOTE NO LYNCH

There. I've said it.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote