View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #438
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway onto the whole Alan farrago. I think I've actually seen an argument like this before between (I think) Anxiety and Alan, and as a wolf at the time I was very happy to see it. Unfortunately we couldn't capitilise on the argument and in the end had to night kill Alan because he was too good as a villager to keep around. Of course this tells us that these sorts of arguments can be (and normally are, I would imagine) between two villagers.

From my limited experience of werewolf I'd say that Alan is one of the best villagers I've seen, and he certainly seems to be one of the few people here actually coming up with any ideas. (he was the first one to bring up the No Lynch idea, for example, something the majority agreed with). Sure he might be a wolf but at the moment it seems to be me that what he's been contributing makes any vote on him pretty strange. Sure he could be a wolf hiding in the open and trying to misdirect us blah blah blah but I think as villagers we gain a lot more by giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying that he's a villager at this stage.

Next it seems to me that a wolf would try to make capital from the whole situation by prodding things along and trying to get some sort of case against Alan going. If you think that this is an opportunist thing then that probably means it's not Pass/Thomkal - particularly, as Alan says, Pass could be fitted up as a scapegoat if Alan is lynched and turns up good. The tone of the exchange with DT just doesn't make me suspicious which leaves me with St Cronin and nfg, with Ardent putting a "place holder" vote on Alan with no real reason given. For want of anything better at the moment (this is, basically, a day one vote) I'll probably be voting to lynch one of these.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote