View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Before I move onto the next season: A quick look at my old team:

Nicholls State finished 10-21.

Spencer led them in scoring with 11.7 ppg, Lloyd was 2nd with 11.3 ppg and Bose was 3rd with 11.2 ppg. No one else hit double digits. Lloyd led the team with 7.2 rpg. Spencer was their only 3 point threat. He shot 34% from the arc. Bose shot 44% from the field which lead their team. Pekkola lead the team in assists with 5 per game.

Back to our recruiting:

I think I have convinced Mani Shannon to walk on at our school. He is 6'9 250 pounds and he is a 2 star center. He is from Parma, Ohio. He averaged 7 ppg and 7.1 rpg at the summer camps. He is ranked 64th in the nation among centers and we are his top choice. He is a very fast big man who specializes in stealing the ball. He doesn't currently have any scholarship offers and the other considerations are Richmond, CCU, and LW. Unfortunately, Richmond offers him a scholarship in the last week and he goes there.

Florida had the top class with 3 5 star players, 1 4 star player, and 1 3 star player.

Other strong classes: Maryland, Xavier, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin, Louisville, Arizona, UNLV, Syracuse, Washington, and VT.

I decide to attend at least part of the ABL to go after Donny Grove. He is a 6'5 201 pound SG from Westland, Michigan who is a 4 star player. I have very little shot at him, but the kid is an incredible shooter who is interested in our program and I feel compelled to pursue him.

Grove puts up 26 in his first game and I only watched 5 minutes. I saw everything I needed to see. This kid is going to be a huge star, and I probably have zero shot at him. I'll continue to pursue, but he is being pursued by Kentucky, Michigan, and Illinois among others.

Next up is a look at the roster.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote