View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #258
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The problem I have with Archuleta is that he performs everything like he's in a pageant. Which is natural to him, because that's all he's known. It's like seeing some beauty pageant chick walking down the street and she gives you the "royalty" wave. It's like that way of performing has become so ingrained that they can't turn it off - it becomes part of them.

It just doesn't feel natural when I watch him. No doubt he's got a very good voice, but the way he uses it feels phony to me. He's not quite as bad as Menard in that respect, but similar. It's all very theatrical, except not quite Broadway-ish. Honestly, if I never knew he was on Star Search, that's exactly what I'd call that performance last night.

I don't know...I'm not the best judge of these things, since I prefer music where the vocalist is part of a band, as opposed to the main (or only) focus. So watching him perform seemed less real to me than, say, David Cook.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote