View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 AM   #249
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Archuleta, Cook and Hernandez were the best, Chikezie made the biggest climb back and Yeager is borderline rediculous. Michael Johns set himself up to have a monster show next week if he's smart. He's back in the middle of the pack on expectations by tonight, but he should do very well with any of a handful 80s songs.

Menard is getting hammered, but I liked him a lot more than Carrico, Castro and Yeager. At a minimum, he offers a different sound and took on a very difficult song. It's interesting that the judges constantly criticize people for being "safe", yet they were real nitpiky on Luke's performance. IMO, doing a decent job on a diffcult song is much more impressive than karoke-singing the Doobies or Foreigner somewhat in key. It's like losing in hoops to North Carolina by 3 points compared to beating Canisius by 7. I can't see how the latter is more impressive than the former. I think this might be the easiest week yet for the boys as Yeager and Carrico were miles behind the other guys.