View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #38
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Generally the seats are a lot more comfortable, more privacy, better flight attendant to passenger ratio, and the food is better, but not as much difference between business and first as there is between coach and business. Like on Lufthansa, you would get caviar as an appetizer in 1st, but not in business class.

Also, depending on the airline and destination airport, if you are in first class you get some extra perks like a special passport line or a special destination lounge with real showers, complimentary clothes pressing and a sit-down meal.

if you're in first or business class you get a special check-in line up front which is always awesome in big airports.

also, with united airlines, as i understand it, you can use the red-carpet lounges when you have an international ticket regardless of what seating you have. this is awesome when you have 6 hours to wait around in o'hare.

When i returned from sao paulo (gru) to dfw (business class), my colleague and I got clearance to sit in the admiral's club for the 6 hours we were there waiting for the RJ flight home.

with my current FF status on united, i get access to the united business check-in lines regardless of my tickets or the appropriate star alliance airline that i'm flying on.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote