View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #242
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Hey guys.. sorry I was gone longer than I expected today. I was able to monitor the thread through most of the day, though, and you guys had everything on track so I left it along (was reading on my iPhone). The category situation was brought up (with LOTR). My basic rule on category is that you can choose whatever category you want and the voting public can decide if it was a poor decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Again, if the rules were setup to include strategy it's a great pick. Since it's only an affirmative action rule it looks like a bad pick. What everyone is missing is that it isn't a horrible read; it's just not his best work and that's not how the game appeared to be set up.

Um. They are setup to include strategy. It seems that you're just upset because you had poor strategy. I'm not sure what other rules you would like, outside of the year one. The series is one reason it just wouldn't work -- You don't get to take decades out of the running because a series runs that long. At best you could knock off each year a book from the series was published.

The author rule is by no means meant to "water down" the draft, but to require strategy. Sometimes people will grab authors to block future picks, sometimes you have to agonize over the "best work" by that author. It is all about strategy when it comes to these restrictions in the drafts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Point of clarification requested on history:

Is it a non-fiction book of history, historical fiction or both?

Non-fiction. Sorry for the lack of clarity there.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote