View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #234
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Go for it. Your first round pick may have fallen flat, but who knows. Maybe you'll win some major creativity points with some of your others.

Dude, it's like starting in the premier league with a -15 point penalty.

Major creativity also is iffy since we're looking for popular choices. I have creative choices and that's what I'm gonna do now but realistically, no one will have heard of most of them so again, winnings gonna be tough.

That's why I'm looking to trade out of the popular choice so I can have fun picking the lineup I want and get more options. Let others quibble over what's popular and go with what I enjoy and see where that takes me. Like you said, that may be the key to victory after all.

I'm assuming I can trade players for picks here. If I get enough picks I can possibly strengthen my hand enough to get it noticed. I don't think Harry Potter alone can bring me back from the quite damning comments I've seen over my Stephen King pick so volume would be the logical next step.

Let me be clear. I'm not in a quitting mood or bummed. I love literature and discussing it so this is going to be fun. I just think it might be more fun to get funky since I pooched it and would probably have more fun just considering it a learning experience so lets haggle!!!

It also sucks because I honestly really think that Danse Macabre IS a great book.