View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #217
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I thought it was primarily there to ensure a diversified draft. How fun would it be if half the drafters took King novels? If half the drafters took works from Mark Twain, or poems from T.S Eliot?

It's not trivial considering a lot of the greatest works out there are from a small group of authors. Yeah, it would be important for someone to grab King because he has written some of the greatest works for the 20th century. It is very important to grab the most known and respected authors (because they've made the best works and it prevents other people from taking the other great works).

Your pick just sucked.

And you've read Danse Macabre?

My point is that we expected different things from the draft. I think the rule done your way doesn't add much and the losses are similar. We have to water down the works we check so one guy isn't over represented but we dont want to water the works down so you can collect the best author. Why limit the best at all? I don't see how it's an admirable goal to diversify for the sake of diversity.

Either way, the rule waters down the draft so why is your way the obvious way that we should look at it? If it isn't the obvious way then my pick didn't suck per se but it was based on an equally ( I actually think better and more strategic ) compelling logic.