View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #108
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I had the exact same bottom three as Jim - Haley, Menard and Yeager. We're now in season 7, and I can't believe people still have issues picking songs. I'd like to know how they choose them, actually - what "help" they get, if it's more like prodding/forcing them to take certain songs - because I can't for the life of me believe people are willingly picking songs this horrible.

The 60s was a great decade of music, and Yeager picks Moon River? And worst yet, instead of at least attempting to update the song (which would probably have been hopeless anyway), he goes out of his way to get into character, changing his hair style to resemble Rob Lowe playing a snooty frat boy in an 80s movie. I hope Granny enjoyed that performance, because it should be your last. And Danny...I love the attitude, watching this show for 5 months I need comic relief, but...have you learned NOTHING about how well those types of songs fair on AI? When I heard the choice, I knew he was going to get destroyed.

I can't believe Chikezie Un-Eze had the nerve to talk back to Simon. The only thing that will save him this week is the fact that 3 people we hardly saw - Menard, Yeager and Haley - were terrible, meaning there's about a 99.998% chance that the 2 guys cut will come from that group of 3. Deadly combination.

I was really hoping that Haley guy would be good, because he looks so much like a 70s pop star it's not funny - the Robert Plant hair, the androgynous look highlighted by his cheekbones, the Karen Carpenter voice. Dude should have a serious retro thing going on. In fact, he reminds me a little bit of Roger Manning from Jellyfish - frail body, high pitched, feminine-sounding voice, 70s looks...but missing the talent. Oh well.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-20-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote