Thread: Guild Wars
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #104
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I know I'm a little late to the game on the whole MMO universe, but decided to give Guild Wars a go over the Holidays. I picked up Nightfall as I had read this was a good campaign for continuing players as well as newbies. I've enjoyed it enough that my son and I also bought the Eye of the North expansion. I have a Level 18 Ranger/Dervish getting my butt kicked "up north" right now.

I went ahead and bought the original Prophecies campaign, and have a Necromancer/Warrior.

I've spent the majority of my playing time flying solo and grabbing Henchmen and Heroes along the way. It's only recently that I've started playing it with my son (the beginning of Prophecies limits you to a party size of 2). I guess I don't yet "get" the whole guild aspect of this game (and similar clan-like organizations of other games). When do you just join up with fellow guild members (I don't mean "joining" the guild, but rather forming a party together)? Don't you all have to stay relatively close in Levels and Quests so you can do them together? For me, I log on at different times (around my kids sports schedules, and mostly at night after they and the Mrs have gone to bed) and play when I get the chance. It wouldn't be fair to have the rest of the guild play during similar timeframes.

So to those of you that are experienced with this game, how do you determine when to play solo, PvE, and finally PvP (I haven't even tackled this entire aspect of the game yet)?

I also just started reading the manual for the first time, and would now like to go back and start over (between what I've learned playing the game and reading some of the mechanics). I dabbled with my second profession being a Monk, but am not enjoying the whole Healing part. I much prefer to be on the front lines instead of a support character. What has been your favorite character class combination?

Cheers...

I have the same problem with World of Warcraft with time management. Many people can play for hours upon hours upon hours. I, however, work, go to school, have kids, and many other things going on in real life that do not allow me to play as much as others do. I will never have the best gear or the most characters, but I enjoy playing at my own pace. I do alot of solo stuff as well. I play at night alot after everyone goes to bed (makes for some sleep deprived nights).

Anyway, I recommend you just keep doing what you are doing. Play when you want to and don't worry about other people in guilds and stuff. We all have different commitments in real life and cannot always play when others want us to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote