View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #462
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I don't agree with Obama politically at all. I tried really hard not to like him and what's been more telling isn't the fact that I'm even remotely close to considering voting for him in November, though it's not a slam dunk at all (not that it matters whether I do or not, since I live in Wyoming which will go GOP and I'm moving to Illinois which is already his territory), as much as the people who come to me who are more to the right of me who are saying that he's "their guy." They all know what the political implications of voting for him are, technically.

But he seems to represent something to them that they're really happy to see, that they're glad he's there when he is and it seems like it just takes the cake that his main rival in this race is Hillary. The like-minded conservative folks I've talked to -- excluding my college friends who are rooting for Ron Paul on principle -- seem turned off by Romney, think McCain is too old and that you can't really believe anything he says and so when the choice is a RINO, a flip-flopper and Obama, the choice for them seems easy.

Whether this will translate to anything is anyone's guess. But I will say that there is no doubt that he's transcending politics in a way that no one really expected and that the steam engine he's riding is catching momentum, it's not slowing down.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-02-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote