View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the roster in the new year:

SO PF Michael Lloyd - Rated 68 overall and our undisputed star of the team with the graduation of our outside shooters. We are going to have to be a grind it out team and Lloyd will be a big part of that. He is now 6'11 236 pounds and we'll pound it inside to him. He has the ability to be a 16-10 guy this year at least.

JR PF Joshua Johnson - Rated 65 overall. I'm tempted to play him as an athletic big SF. He has the quickness to pull it off despite being listed as a PF. However, that would really weaken our bench as he is explosive as a quick PF that most PF's can't guard. He'll likely stay as our main guy off the bench playing both PF and SF, but if our other guys fail to step up, he'll slide into the starting lineup.

SR SG Michael Czepil - Rated 64 overall. He isn't the shooter that either Bathie or Verner was, however, he is a streaky player and when hot he can be dangerous. He is also a better passer than Bathie which helps, but doesn't have either of their size at just 6'2 189. Still, he'll get a chance to be our starting SG and will likely do so for the year.

JR PG Bakari Lewis - Rated 61 overall. He will be the starting PG by default. The true freshman, Swoger isn't ready and may never be ready to start. Bakari is the best option on te team but he isn't anything special.

RS SO SG Anatoly Bose - Rated 60 overall. He might get a chance to be the starting SF due to his long frame. He is 6'7 206 pounds. He doesn't have very good athleticism at SG but would have good athleticism at SF. He isn't a very good shooter and would be more of a slasher.

JR SG Ben Martin - Rated 60 overall. 6'4 177 and he doesn't do anything particularly well. Ok shooter.

FR SF Dante Newton - Rated 58 overall. As expected, the freshman SF is a good mid range shooter. He doesnt do much else well, but he can drill the mid range jumper. In fact, he might be the best on the team at it. Therefore, I'm considering making him the starter at SF. It's between him and Bose. One factor working against him is that our staff doesn't believe he is going to blossom much more..

RS SR C Mitch Boyce - The center is rated 57 now and has gotten bigger and is now 6'10 276. He is still a very good mid range shooter and with the departure of Verner and Bathie, he'll become a primary scoring option. I'm expecting him to put up at least 14 points a night. He'll definitely start at C this year.

RS SR PF Dominic Friend - The PF is rated 57 now and is 6'7 265. He is a good mid range shooter and I wish I had used him more last year. With the lack of stars this year, he'll get more time this year.

Van Plavich - Rated 54 overall. I'll redshirt him this year to see if he can develop some.

SR C Chris Paige - Rated 54 overall. He was hurt during the tourney and I think we missed him. 6'9 220 and he is another decent inside presence for us.

FR PG Ted Swoger - 6'0 176 pounds. Rated 54 overall. He'll be our backup PG this year. He is an ok passer and is about what I expected, except maybe not as good of a shooter as I thought he would be.

FR C Damarcus Weatherspoon - Now 7'1 260 pounds! He is rated 48 overall. We'll redshirt him this year since we have Paige, Boyce, and Friend to man the inside. I might as well give him some time to develop and see if he can become a useful player next year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote