View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 08:35 PM   #152
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Realize that training wingers at IM is a really slow process... I wouldn't spend too much at that. You gain maybe 1 level of PM per year and I haven't even seen that.

SI

I believe that wingers receive 50% the training that inner midfielders do, but the other skills necessary for a decent winger (winger, passing, possibly defending) means that these players will be more expensive than your standard midfielder trainee, so the amount spent should be roughly the same.

Bear in mind, if I have 2.5 million to spend on trainees, I probably won't budget myself strictly $250,000 per trainee. I'll spend more on some (17 year old future-starters) and a little less on others (18-19 year old immediate starters). There is also the possibility of going after a future U-20 team possibility, as the start of season 21 will be the next time future U-20 players are pulled from youth squads.

Dacman brings up an interesting point, playing your wingers as inner midfielders in friendly matches so they receive full training. I can actually come up with good arguments for doing that, as well as having a full load of 10 trainees. You can have 8 trainees, 6 of which receive 100% training, or 10 trainees, 6 of which receive 100% training. The advantage to Dacman's approach is that all five of your midfield starters are receiving full training. An interesting decision, and one I will have to think about over the course of the next season.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote