View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #274
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Quote:
I would say that as long as you have decent rhythm and coordination you will be able to drum on hard. The cool thing about this game is that the effects of practice are very noticable. The practice mode is also very useful because once you reduce the speed of the song below 100% all you hear is the drum track which makes it easier to pick up the beat.

Yeah, I agree. I'm going through the medium tour, not moving on until I get 5 stars on a song. Of the few I've had to retry, after like two or three attempts I start to learn the tricky parts and don't need to sight read. That might be the coolest thing about the game, just learning it and playing along with the song. I can pretty much make it through 29 Fingers now (I love that one) only needing to watch the screen for knowing if it's one blue beat or two after a snare beat.

And after I accidentally chose hard on Maps and struggled with it, I went into practice at about 80% and got most of it. I still have problems missing a note on a tricky part then just sitting there banging on random pads like an idiot until I catch myself back up a few seconds later. But I can get through Maps pretty well now.

I just watched Tom Saywer on experto n YouTube and I want to cry. I will never be good enough to do that.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote