View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #111
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Again, I'd like to agree but again, how do you feel about the german cannibal? Should he simply be set free because his victim was willing? I'm not sure society should go there yet but maybe we all don't care about anything our neighbors do as long as they agree it's ok?

Funny more than half the country isn't fine with letting grown adults to that in their own bedrooms but sure as hell want people to be able to offend countless masses as long as they say it to only one willing stooge.

Then again, I've always known most people are hypocrites. Not meaning you here but the general argument that is being offered.
I'm not following this at all. What exactly did I say or agree with that you are debating?

I agree with TOSU that she made a mistake and apologized for it; I don't think she meant it maliciously or in a racial sense (and Tiger seems to agree) and those trying to make a bigger deal out of this than it deserves are serving more to publicize themselves and piss off people than they are to make clear that the term and the context in which it was used could've been read as racist, given the history in this country of whites lynching blacks.

I do think it's apparent that some out there don't recognize why the term "lynching" when spoken by a white about a black would engender a much more explosive response than in just about any other context.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote