View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #77
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Here is where it starts and ends with me.

"Me and Kelly are dear friends. I have known here for 10 years, this is a non-issue."

How can I be offended by what someone says about you, if you yourself arent offended?

I quite honestly think you have a case of someone being too book smart. She wanted tto say/mean jump/mug/beat him, but her nerd side used the approprriate techical term lynch. I think her comment is more the product of journalism school than racism.

There are a million point/counter-point arguments but again to me it ends with the "attacked" he didnt issue the same statement to Fuzzy, whose commenst were much more dripping with with hate, and disdain. This is a comment made by a friend of his, probably not the BEST choice of words, but not enough to fire her over either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
When you think back in history to what the word lynch means in the black community then yes it is offensive and she should have been suspended. If this was in regards to a Jewish athlete and she had said, they should take him out and gas him, would that be right? It has nothing to do with her being white. It has everything to do with her saying something stupid.
Do you listen to Jim Rome?
This was his EXACT quote no less than 20 times yesterday...it was annoying as hell.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote