View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 04:52 PM   #146
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
Interesting comments all around, guys. I'm actually kind of curious as to whether the short-term or long-term approaches are more beneficial, or if it all turns out to be a wash in the end.
I think a long-term approach is more beneficial in the, uhh, long term. (I say this even though I've been a practioner of short-term approach.) When your defense training finishes at the end of next season, Scales and Lucas will probably be at high outstanding or low brilliant. That should more than last you awhile and, certainly, at least 2 levels (defense is a bit different because of how much keepers factors into defensive ratings). I also think Scales would be at the right age to "keep". I tend to feel like having someone over 24 at a position you're not going to train is sort of a waste of possible resource (Lucas will still be under 24 but I'm sort of partial to him.) That gives you 5-7 seasons (4, if you intend to sell them while they still fetch big money) to play with before Hattrick's Father Time comes knocking. That leaves you 3-5 trainees to sell (depending on position, keepers changes the number and time frame a bit) and should provide enough money to seed the next group of trainees AND provide upgrades at a few positions.

Just wanted to chime in with my two pennies.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote