View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 10:45 AM   #136
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I guess I just don't subscribe to the "make my team better right now" which seems to pervade the FOFC teams at the moment. I don't think Hattrick is really set up for steady, small improvements. I think the current system is better-used for large-scale, drastic improvements to a team's talent level, basically at the end of each 3-4 season training "rotation."

You've all probably noticed that I do not buy passable defenders, train them up to solid, then sell them off for a small profit. I would rather take a passable defender, train them up to outstanding in three seasons, and then sell them off for a huge profit.

It does take patience, and despite my occasional pouting session or tirade after a loss, I do not feel the need to improve my team right now. I will take my lumps for the remainder of this season and next, and then start kicking butt and taking names.

But that's just me. Hattrick strikes me as a very long-term game, which is one of the things I love most about it. I have chosen a more long-term approach than most in these parts, that's all. We'll see how it all pans out.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote