View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #89
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Actually, yes. Here's the vision. The big fallacy that the Libertarian Party has been making, as well as what liberals attack, is that such policies cannot and should not be implemented top-down. In other words, you do not make wholesale changes at the federal level and then let the chips fall where they may. The implementation must start at the grassroots levels (starting at a personal level), then working its way up. That, in turn, will allow for me accountability and resources available at a more local (however you want to define local) level. Consequently, more taxation would have to occur at the local level to fund the added (i.e., constitutional) mandates. It would be the hope that as more is taken care at the level where it can do more good, the less reliance (and taxation) would be needed at the federal level. The courts get involved in enforcing the constitutional federal limits of power. This vision also implies strong non-governmental entities to do what they have been charted to do. This means churches, ministries and other charitable agencies doing for themselves and more for their communities and spheres of influence. Practically, it begins with you and those around you, acting and participating as concerned citizens. By thinking globally and acting locally (as the cliche goes), changes can get percolated up to where we wouldn't have to look to Washington DC for all of our needs, whether real or perceived.

I am a 1000% behind you.

What you describe is what made America great in the beginning.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote