View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #421
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
You mean like Hartnell (I believe) crumpling to the ice from the brush burn he got from Roberts stick?

Yeah I noticed that too but Hartnell was bleeding (a little) from the stick. I am all for the refs calling diving penalties. And none of this crap where a guy gets 2 mins for hooking and the other gets 2 mins for diving. Just call the diver.

I think if the Flyers do anything dirty, whoever does it will get a extended vacation plus the team will get fined heavily. They showed the hits last night and there is no place in hockey for what Bolerice or Downie did.

The other ones, I don't think the intent to injure was there but just like with high sticking, you should have your body under control enough to avoid hits like that. Honestly, I'd love for the Flyers to get rid of Eager. He takes stupid penalties and is a liability on the ice in both zones. And you're right...that elbow started it all. Right then and there both of them should've been thrown out, or at least been given matching penalties. The refs needed to send a message.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 12-12-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote