View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #418
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Eager is a joke. But what is a real joke is that Laraque is not going to get suspended for what he did to Biron. If a Flyer would have done that, everyone would be all over them.

Suburban...did you read Starkey's article on Recchi today in the Trib? All I can say is wow. I also heard an Edzo interview on XM radio. Edzo asked where he thought Recchi would go after being waived. Edzo said "I dont care about Mark Recchi...he is of no concern of me...I'll leave it at that." Recchi must be a real cancer in the locker room.

It was nice to see Pittsburgh native RJ Umberger get a hat trick. I really like him, but he didn't even get a star of the game.

1. Lupul...2. Richards...and 3. Crosby. Crosby had an assist and a -3 and he was a star. Give me a break.

I'm going to the game tomorrow against Ottawa in my company's box. Wonder how much stuff I would get thrown at me if I showed up with my Flyer hat on

How fast can you get an Eager jersey made? That would be classic.

I haven't read the Starkey article...but now I'll have to check it out.

And agree, Laraque was stupid. But, had the refs not lost control of that game, none of that happens.

They take Eager off the ice for the elbow...that I admit was not THAT bad, but the intent was there...and while it would be chippy, it wouldn't have turned into what it did. Instead, they sit Georges for 4 mins, and leave Eager out there. I guess we can thank them for the entertainment that was Roberts-Eager.

I do have to ask...as a Flyers fan, do you think Biron was trying to teach Crosby (diver-extraordinaire according to Hitchcock) the proper way to execute a dive?

Roberts deserved to be the 3rd star...after Lupul and Umberger, Roberts put on the best show of the night.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote