View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think Hillary will win the nomiantion and the general, and I am saying this as the resident Political Science professor who specializes in things like elections (and legislative politics).

Remember, this just happened in Argentina, when Cristina Fernández de Kirchner was elected after her husband left office. Going from First Lady to President is an event that has already been charted in recent electoral politics. You think the Clinton campaign didn't carefully review the Kirchner campaign to see how to make a former First Lady into a realistic, winning candidate?

Elizabeth Dole ran as a republican in 2000 as well. This stuff happens. America is ready for a woman president. She will get just as many votes because she is a woman as she gets against her for the same reason. (This same phenomenon has been observed in gubanatorial elections arpund the country. For example, I present West Virgina Charlotte Pritt where studies show that auto votes for and against cancelled each other. OIther studies show similar trends)

You think there won;t be Republican women jumping the fence to vote for her? You think there won;t be Democrat voters jumping to vote for a non-woman the Repubs nominate? Of course it will happen, and America is ready.

What America is NOT ready for is a non-White President. Polling data nationally on non-White candidates is rough.

-Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote