View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #390
Travis
Pro Rookie

Oilers win 3 in a row for the first time this season pulling to within a game of .500 with Souray, Greene, Roy, Tarnstrom and Moreau still on the shelf (and Pisani having played just his 3rd game of the season). A nice back to back set with the Ducks where the Oil outscored them 9-1 followed by their 7th shootout victory of the season (with Hemsky missing the last two games).

I'm at the point now where I'd very much like to see Roli and Garon split the rest of the season in net, and if they can be around .500 once they get the rest of the troops back (assuming they don't lose as many as they're getting back) I'm fully assuming that Lowe will look to make a 3 or 4 for 1 deal (including prospects) to bring in a rental scorer to see what kind of push they can make.

And on that note, I'd fully expect some of Torres, Schremp, Pouliot, Syvret, Tarnstrom, Jacques to be dealt. But the fact we're now ahead of Calgary and only a point back of the Ducks has to give the guys in that locker room a lot of confidence considering the injuries and the fact that they have yet to really put together a long winning streak. Here's hoping they don't let it go to their heads too quickly.