View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #422
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
troy's gotta be the good guy, of course.

how does budget look? how do the kids look?

the kids all look pretty darned good. To good actually, because Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan and Barca have come after half my squad during both transfer windows and caused a lot of unhappy players. (sorry, I'm not selling you Rosicky or Hleb or Toure or Fabergas or Clichy. Ugh.

You start out wtih 47 million in the fund. That's for the expectation you get a European place. You can raise it to about 60 if you promise a title contender. I stuck with 47.

For kicks, I wanted to see if I could get Adriano. I could. 35 million of my transfer budget gone, but he's a stud in this version as well. 20 goals for me. Adebayor is pissed. Thinks there is to much competition for place, even thought I'm playing him in 85% of the games he's been that way all season. It's not impacting his performence though, so I really don't care.

I went through a quick fire one year run without purchasing anyone. If you do that, in year two you have about 115 million to purchase players. The catch is the second year seems to make the players REALLY tough to get. (at least for the big names) 72 million for Frey? I don't think so.

Players with the biggest values (toward the end of season one) are Cese at 42 million (dollars, not pounds), Toure 31 million, Van Persie 20 million and Gallas 20 million.

One other note: Alex Ferguson was sacked midway through the EPL season. At the time ManU was in 9th place in the EPL.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote