View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #315
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Funny, with all the talk I see here, I don't see much reason for SI to change things, at least if I were to take a cynical point of view. From what everyone's saying, they're trying to choose between two options: 1) Buy WWSM and get worse support, or 2) Buy FM and get better support. You know what option I don't see? "I'm never buying these games again." It sounds like SI is in a great position, as there are people over here in the US who are actually willing to spend almost twice as much money and possibly wait a little bit longer to get their game.

Now, I would expect SI to take a good faith approach to their American release and all, so I'm sure they will try to address this in some way, but at this point, is there really much incentive for them to change?

At this point, I'm enjoying the game enough to want to purchase it again. So you are right with the assessment.

Having said that, when any degree of dissatisfaction starts in, it's not long before you go to the level of saying screw it. When unabashed fans of the game start to get upset, it's not long before a % of them do decide it isn't worth the trouble.

That's not any kind of a threat to SI, it's just reality and business.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote