View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #234
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I played around with it last night and noticed that the original Canadian leagues were still in Canada. I moved them to sweden with Canada's TLA, but that didn't make it playable.

Dave on the SI boards said that it works for him, but that some countries simply don't work.

But this solution you propose is a good middle ground. And we can always change the language for Sweden to English, Spanish and whatever so that the PLA's future players don't sound they're coming out of the Swedish Parliament.

I was going to attempt a different nation to make sure the whole thing works at all in the meantime.
Sounds good - it is really acting odd, but there has got to be a pattern we are missing - to bad Quiksand isn't interested in the PLA, he'd sniff it out in a hurry:

When I start a game with the PLA database, Canada is not a selectable nation and neither is Sweden. So I'll start a game with another country, Scotland for example, just to get the game going. I take over a team and then go to World -> Major Clubs - View All. That brings up every club in the game. Then I'll filter on Canada, and lo and behold, some of the teams are visible. Most of the former MLS teams, a few teams I created, and an odd lower division team. Going back into the database, I'm unable to decipher the difference between a team that was visible like DC United and one that isn't like the Grand Rapids Whitecaps. I'll keep testing to see what I edit and how affects what teams show up. I think getting every team visible to the game is what will allow the country to be selectable.
Toddzilla is online now   Reply With Quote