View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #159
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
Yes they do.

Best way to do it is count up all American clubs (MLS, USL1, USL2, PDL & any team listed in "other league"-I think) and then find leagues you want to swap and count their clubs. If Leagues you want to swap with has 80 total clubs in all divisions then make sure you swap 80 clubs otherwise it will not work. This is due to Cup competitions ,etc...

I have found Israeli, Belgium & Slovakian leagues as the best bet for USA Swap, because they have a close # of clubs and still have 2 + divisions of promotion/relagation. I think I had to create 30+ teams for my Belgian league last year & about 10-15 for the Israeli the year before that.

If you have never done it before goto SI's Editors Hideaway forum and search for "Daves League Swap Guide". This will give you a good primer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The unplayable leagues don't need to have legit teams. Just be aware that over time, some swedish team might end up infecting a major division or something. But you can just edit the other leagues and never have those leagues do anything. Unless you're doing a natural swap.

Since I almost always edit the teams in my leagues, rather than import anything other than the MLS clubs I want, it can be a tedious process to edit the name of every bloody team in the league in the off-chance that they make it up. But it's worth it and makes it feel more "real" as you move forward.

I'm willing to populate some of those teams once you're done, if you get tired...because well, it's a lot of teams. But once it's done, at least it'll be out of the way and a six division league for the US of A would be awesome. No question about it.

Sheesh...ok...no problem.

Looking at the teams that are actually in the unplayable nether regions of Sweden, they're mostly teams by name only, without a nickname, stadium, kit, etc. So it seems it will be an easy task to just change the name to some American city - easy, but long. I'll just pull up a website that has cities listed by population and by state, then point and click for 12 hours.

I've got the teams and everything set for the playable divisions swapped and named already - no detail work done yet but the basics are there.

"Daves League Swap Guide" is printed and pinned nest to my monitor and I've got a laptop running as well with the WWSM07 editor open to the last PLA for reference.

"The 2008 Premier League of America - leaving no stune unterunes and no turn unstoned"

Last edited by Toddzilla : 10-24-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote