View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #152
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
A follow up...

under the playable 4th level (called the Swedish Second Division) is a non-playable 5th level (Swedish 3rd) with 12 x 12-team divisions (!), a non-playable 6th level (Swedish 4th) with 1 divison of about 180 teams, and the Swedish Lower division with 100 or so more teams. Holy crap, does every street in Sweden have a soccer team?

Anyway, do these leagues need to be populated with legit teams in order for the league to be playable?

Yes they do.

Best way to do it is count up all American clubs (MLS, USL1, USL2, PDL & any team listed in "other league"-I think) and then find leagues you want to swap and count their clubs. If Leagues you want to swap with has 80 total clubs in all divisions then make sure you swap 80 clubs otherwise it will not work. This is due to Cup competitions ,etc...

I have found Israeli, Belgium & Slovakian leagues as the best bet for USA Swap, because they have a close # of clubs and still have 2 + divisions of promotion/relagation. I think I had to create 30+ teams for my Belgian league last year & about 10-15 for the Israeli the year before that.

If you have never done it before goto SI's Editors Hideaway forum and search for "Daves League Swap Guide". This will give you a good primer.

Last edited by Bea-Arthurs Hip : 10-24-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote