View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #146
Travis
Pro Rookie

The biggest problem with the PP right now is that it has Horcoff on it.

Being a tad more serious though, why they insist on having one forward (away from the puck) sitting in the corner on pretty much the goal line is beyond me. They let Hemsky run things from the side boards, and at that point they were trying to get Penner into the slot, meanwhile Horcoff is playing backside one timer 5 feet off the goal line, but 20 feet away from the net meaning there is absolutely no screen and Hemsky is forced to pass because the goalie has no problem seeing him release a shot. You're already giving Penner and both D as passing options, park Horcoff's ass in front of the goalie and give Hemsky the option for a potentially screened shot and actually have somebody inside the defensemen to battle for the rebound if there is one.

Sanderson has been fantastic so far and actually skated on a line with Hemsky already, so while they've actually tried that (I think Cogliano was the other third of that line for a while), I hope Sanderson goes back on Reasoner's line soon. Reasoner is still an effective setup man and it's nice seeing him have a bit of a trigger man on his line (also assuming that Moreau will fit onto that line when he returns, giving us a very good checking line in the process with a bit of offensive punch). If Torres and Horcoff don't get it going, they should have their butts stapled to the bench. For all his talk of being a #1 center, Horcoff has one nice looking goal and 2-3 other "good" plays on the season so far, then a long list of looking lazy and disinterested. Pouliot, Nilsson, Cogliano, Gagner and Schremp are all better suited to play skill line minutes and are the future of this team. The sooner they learn the tricks of the trade (thank goodness we have Hemsky to somewhat mentor them unlike when he was having to figure his way through things), the better this team is going to do.

Long winded? Yes. Frustrated with the coaching staff? Yes. Happy with the current direction of the roster? Definitely.