View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #139
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, watching the Hunter hit on Turgeon took me to the Downey one punch KO of Boulerice which took me to the Boulerice cross-check on Kessler.

It was the first time I saw the Boulerice crosscheck, and it raised a few eyebrows with me. Mostly because I saw Duvie Westcott do the same thing to Scott Parker (*insert ML "they still make that" joke here) on Saturday. Towards the end of the 5-1 game, Westcott and Wyatt Smith were tussling a bit behind the net. It wasn't even enough of a scrum to stop the play. Parker skated by and Wesctott, I think assuming he was going to come to Smith's defense, went into counterattack mode and crosschecked Parker in the face. Parker got a bloody mouth out of the deal, and Westcott got tossed from the game. Apparently, since Parker is not a skilled player and doesn't play for a Canadian team, there is big outrage over the incident, and it doesn't even sound like Westcott is going to get suspended, even though the hit seemed every bit as bad as the Boulerice one.