View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #84
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Atlanta really doesn't even hold training camp or pre-season games, that the news & results from there are just some sort of ruse.

Outshot 34-15 last night (5-2 loss @ TB), outshot 40-29 in the 3-1 loss at home to Washington, at least 3 different centers have played with Kovy in the first six periods. Multiple comments from players about how they just have to get used to working with each other since there's so many new faces, etc.

WTF have they been doing for the past couple of months, just going through the motions?

Meh. Washington actually looks a little more serious about playing hockey this year. Carolina rolled the Pens 4-1 Friday, but couldn't touch Kolzig last night in a 2-0 loss. Don't judge the Washington loss too quickly.

The Canes are 1-1-1 through three, but the next five on the road (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Philly--the last two as a back-to-back) will be a good measure of whether this year will be like last year or two years ago. Anything over .500 and I think this team will be doing alright. Could actually be the toughest road stretch they face since the Southeast is at the Central this year, which means no west coast swing and the Central outside of Detroit and perhaps Nashville is still a muddle (not that the Southeast is any sort of powerhouse). Examining the schedule, I think perhaps the only other swing that may provide greater difficulty is in early December starting at Buffalo on 12/1, then the Rangers, Bolts, Habs, and ending up in Detroit on the 9th. I think this one they're on now is more difficult simply because it's so early in the season.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote