View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #37
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i love just about everything sutter has done so far with the devils.

stripping elias of the captaincy (but in a very diplomatic way) is a good start. elias certainly didnt seem like a leader at any point last season, and ill take 90 pts with an A than 70 with a C any day

an entirely new, "aggressive" puck control gameplan. supposedly, no more defense-first, sit on your heels, wait for a mistake, and score on a rush. now maybe we'll have some possession on the other side of the blue line.

splitting up the checking line. this one im not entirely sold on, since ive been watching the same devils team for 13 years (big scoring line, 2nd weaker line, checking line, "energy" line). now we'll supposedly be rolling 4 lines a lot more often. this includes splitting madden out wide, and dropping pandolfo to the 4th line. but maybe matching lines has had its day in court. and having 4 lines that can score would be a great thing, since we usually only have 1 and a half.

resting brodeur more. nuff said.

things i dont like

dropping pando to the 4th line...and even crazier...taking him off the pk. i mean...what?!

that said, very high hopes for the "new" devils. but its a rough road ahead for sutter - especially with all these changes, and then going on the road for 9 straight games to compound any issues. yikes.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote