View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #2069
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
God Damn Mets .

Minaya needs to spend on the pitching part of the equation. Peterson got great seasons from El Duque and Perez, but now some better talent is needed on that side of things... ESPECIALLY in the bullpen, which was the strength last season.

How can you just blame the pitching? The Phillies certainly don't have pitching other than Hamels. The bullpen can blow up at any given moment, other than Romero (but his control worries me as he is not givine up hits but gets wild). Am I the only one who thinks that depth in pitching would go to the Mets if you compare the two teams?

Back to the better topic at hand...

Moyer gives everything that he has each time out and uses his experience well but since he is a nibbler he is prone to getting shelled if he is just slightly off when pitching at CBP. He is one class act though, that is for certain. I went to a game earlier this year and he starts near the dugout and signs autographs all the way along the railing before the game and really seems to enjoy it and get along with the fans. Seeing him getting choked up talking about how he was at the parade in Philly after the 80 world series and now being there celebrating the division championship while holding his kid was great.

Seeing Pat Burrell looking like a kid on Christmas morning as he anxiously awaited the last out, watching the team come out and celebrate with the fans, seeing Myers go into the crowd for a bit, Victorino being the eternal youth that he seems to be, Rollins grabbing a Mic to talk to the fans....

This natural high that I am on looks like it will last for a while.

Sorry, being a Philadelphia sports fan has not given me much to cheer about so I have to savour these moments.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote