View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I was amazed at the botched opener. it's a banner event, meant to introduce the game to Europe...and manage to screw up just about everything (folk, if you are going to do the American anthem, don't you think it would be a good idea to find someone who can sing it?)

I'm on DirecTV and have the Center Ice. as of Thursday, the game wasn't even listed. It finally showed up on Friday - my wife happened to stumble across it and recorded it. So, with a bit of anticipation, I sit down Saturday afternoon to watch some hockey. What do I get? Infomercials. Finally, about an hour in someone at DirecTV woke up and flipped the switch (thankfully, the delay meant I only missed the first period). Meanwhile, I think the game was filmed by one of the CCTV security cams London is famous for - the game looked like ass.

What other major sport would totally botch their opening game like this? It's really amazing how poorly run the NHL is.

EDIT: it's more a minor niggle, but it really bugged me that the teams alternated being the "home" team...except they didn't bother to switch the jerseys. The Kings were the road team on Sunday, but wore their home uniforms.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 09-30-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote