View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #59
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm just ticked that a few years ago they had the Ravioli Olivetta dish for a few months, and never ever brought it back. That remains my favorite Olive Garden dish, and I miss it terribly.

Must have been a new dish they were testing in your market...as long as I've been at OG I've never even heard of it. What was it, exactly?

Hey, Pass, yesterday I had two, yes TWO separate guests talk about how awesome the cold plates are, and one of them even said that she needs to start refrigerating her plates at home. So there!

And in regards to why the plates are put in the freezer...it's so that we can serve guests cold plates with their salad. The dishwashers have the huge racks that they stack the salad plates in after they wash them, and then they lug them to the walk-in freezer to cool them down really fast. They're brought up and put into the alley plate chiller when that chiller gets low. At peak volume we sometimes don't get plates chilled fast enough, and we sometimes have to serve non-chilled plates. And I've had more complaints about getting a warm plate than about the chilled plates, believe me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote