View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
What got me was the manager relented, and comped their entire meal. I know in the whole scheme of things, their $30-40 meal wasn't going to break the place, but why placate a guy who obviously is never coming back again? He wants to go to a 7 course, valet-parked, $100-meal restaurant, so let him go. And I imagine his circle of friends are the same type, so his word of mouth advertising also wasn't going to hurt the business.

I have a friend that was in restaurant management at several restaurant chains for about a decade.

My impression was that if you really wanted a free meal every time you go out, you can get it. This is just kind of how it goes - if you make a big stink, you're getting a free meal. Even when it's obvious someone is doing it on purpose, you just kind of have to. I'm not sure the reasons, but I'm guessing the fact that they may pull this same song and dance to their district, regional, corporate, whatever manager and convince them probably plays a role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote