View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #423
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-With the first year of the dynasty over, I have achieved Fritz' two goals. Fritz' block (I can't sign any worker with less than C- resilience), remains in effect, but no new goals have been set by the owner, which is surprising.

-Buddy Roberts broke a few ribs during the last show. He'll still be available to wrestle, but will be limited for an unknown amount of time.

-Bob Backlund is exhausted after the last show.

-Georgia Championship wrestling has paired down their roster somewhat, releasing 4 guys, including King Kong Bundy, who now works for just us and Mid-South.

-The way things worked out in the last show, I wasn't able to use Jesse Ventura, who I still have contracted for 1 loan apperance. So he'll get a win this week in a random WCCW event against a lesser guy.

-Kevin Von Erich has been re-signed at $1,525/show, for 9 months. That's about a 50% raise for him, but it's still a reasonable price.

-Koko B. Ware resigns for $1,625/show, for 16 months. That's a huge raise for Koko, who had been making $650/show, but it ensures that our top face tag team will continue their feud with The Sheepherders.

-Gorilla Monsoon has been removed as head booker of WWF, so that job is currently unavailable. I'm not interesting, but it will be interesting to see who they pick up.

-There are rumors that Houston Championship Wrestling will close at the end of this month. If that happens, there will be a lot of guys looking for work in Texas. The most talented among them is Gino Hernandez, who I've been unable to lure from HCW since the dynasty started.

-Central States is also having financial difficulties, but it looks like they have a few more months to turn things around.

-Randy Savage has taken over ownership of ICW from his father, who stays on as a color commentator. ICW seemed to be near bankruptcy a few months ago, but were able to recover. For the time being at least, this means that Savage will remain a big fish in a small pound.

-Billy Graham has left the WWF (not too long after that failed steroid test), and is now currently unemployed. Hulk Hogan has left New Japan, and now works exclusively for the WWF.

Last edited by molson : 09-16-2007 at 02:48 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote