View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #38
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
The question is expectations. Do we expect a Junior QB making his 20something start to throw all TDs and no INTs on the road in the SEC? (Did you watch the Florida game? Every INT went through the WR's hands first.)
Do we expect a Junior QB to complete 80%(?!) of his passes just to prove he is great while surrounded by other first round picks?

I really don't understand what more legitimate expectations one could have had for Jamarcus on the field to prove he isn't bust-worthy.

Would Peyton Manning or Tom Brady been able to do better and complete 75+% of their passes as college junior QBs in the SEC? Would they have done any better on the road against Ds like Auburn and Florida? Manning consistently choked against Florida...

If you'll notice, I haven't thrown a lot of stats out there in this. You are the one throwing all of the statistics at me. He had a good QB rating, he started more than average (which I showed to be wrong), he completed a high% of his passes, etc.

That's all very nice. I still think he sucks under pressure. I still don't like what I saw of him in terms of being an NFL prospect. Would I have expected Tyler Palko to have completed 95% of his passes? No. I don't hate Russell personally. I just think he was a horrible #1 pick and I think he's going to be a very average to below average NFL QB.

One last thing: The Manning "choke" jobs against Florida are a little overblown. In his career vs. Florida Manning had these numbers:

92-157 (59%)
1,196 yards
9 TD - 6 INT

Did he make big mistakes in those games? Sure. Not even up for debate. But as you are only using stats for the basis of your opinions, I think you've given me liberty to throw out stats as facts.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote