View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #29
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

King,

Prolly knowledgable bout open-wheel racing biz.

What is a "test drive" that the F3000 winner gets? Aren't usually F3000 winners part of the teams in F1.

I actually meant with a new start-up series. I believe that if the series could get a good manufactuor, like Audi, to help it for the first year, and launch with 12 races for its first year, with the formula above, it could be pretty good. By making it an North American series, but still holding the bulk of the series in the states, you have the ability to tap into the Mexican and Canadian corporate market, fan base, television markets as well as talent.

I actually drawn it up more in detailed, if you like to hear it out. I believe open-wheel racing can thrive, it's just been hunged down by poor management. I believe F1 could be much bigger here with an American or two on the circuit who can compete. I think Michael Andretti helped carry it here when he raced in the series.

Is the Indy Lights series dead? What makes a development series so key, and is could be it a great tool? What makes a great development series?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote