View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #53
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
In other words, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's have died, thousands of American troops have died, but the only response is "oops, we were wrong." Seriously? That's your arguement?

Shouldn't that, at the very least, act as a preventive measure to make sure you're right before launching a goddamn war given what's at stake?

You won't believe my answer (for the record, it's that we didn't kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, nor did we start a civil war among them that did cause that), and I'm not here to debate. I stand by my original point earlier: you either believe 9/11 changed everything, or you don't. And that's a fundamental dividing line in America right now. As evidenced by the continuation of this thread. Everyone wants to argue whether I'm right or not that it changed everything. I stated what I believe, but I can't prove a negative. I can't prove that if we had hit Afghanistan only and left the Middle East quickly, we would have been hit again and harder. I believe it, you don't.