ROSTER, END OF FEBRUARY, 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Roddy Piper
Ted Dibiase
Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Adrian Adonis
Tiger Mask

-Brody and Funk are gone, Hayes is demoted from the group (largely as a result of a numbers game, hopefully he'll be back soon). Tiger Mask and Adonis get promoted.

-I'm losing patience with Piper, but with all the money I'm putting into him, and the solid match he had with Adonis in Mexico, he gets at least another month. Adonis started as a main eventer, and now, after 6 or 7 months, he's back. He's been a consistent performer all along - hopefully this feud with Piper launches both of them.

-Will all the glowing reviews I've given Villano III, Tiger Mask actually gets the main event push first. The two are very similar, but Tiger Mask is a little more explosive, exciting, he's flashier, and he's a little more over in the US as whole.

-It's hard to believe David's run in the first year of the dynasty cost me only $1,000/show. That's less than I pay Precious, Ricky Morton, Arman Hussein, or Buddy Landell. Unfortunately, that sweet contract is up this month. It'll be interesting to see what kind of raise David will want.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Chris Adams
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Villano III
Buddy Roberts
Michael Hayes
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware

-Adonis and Tiger Mask got promoted up from this group, while Hayes was promoted down. Ware and Eaton get promoted up from the midcard.

-Eaton actually wants to be a main eventer, and my booking team agrees. I don't quite see it quite yet, but it's good to see him impressing everyone so much.

-Chris Adams is at a career crossroads of sorts after being dumped by Hart. Hopefully he clicks with his new manager. His contract is up this month also. I plan to re-sign him unless his demands are ridiculous.

MIDCARDERS

Jim Garvin
The Great Kabuki
Ricky Morton
The Sheepherders
Iceman Parsons
King Kong Bundy
Buddy Landell

-Koko and Eaton were promoted up from this group, everyone else remains the same as last month.

-Kabuki's in an interesting position. He's a former main event heel, now pushed all the way down to the midcard. On top of that, he was subject to a face turn, with the intention that he'd be phased out. Then all of the sudden, he has a very impressive few weeks in January. At 39 years old, he's still a question mark, but he'll be given a chance to show what he has left.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Nikita Koloff
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Tommy Rodgers

-Tommy Rodgers moves up to the lower midcard, Doug Sommers is bumped down.

-Rodgers didn't necessarily do anything to deserve the promotion, but I needed another face up here, and he has some promise.

-Nikita Koloff is getting a pretty good push right now alongside Boris Malenko, and he could easily be in the midcard. There's just don't see him bumping any of the current midcard heels just yet.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Doug Sommers
Villano V

-I've decided to fire Scott Armstrong. He was OK for an 18-year old, but I'm not going to have anybody that low on the roster constantly bitching. He finishes his (first?) WCCW run with a record of 2-7.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Villano IV

-Same two guys as last month. Owen is clearly the bottom guy on the WCCW totem pole right now, but he's already shown some modest improvement.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Precious
Boris Malenko
Sunshine
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-Same group as last month minus Harry Frehley, whose I contract I let expired.

-We could still use another road agent, and perhaps a face manager, so I sent some negotiation requests out to some candidates.

Last edited by molson : 08-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote