View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 11:15 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fonzie: Thanks. I had to come up with something.

condors: Me, too. I hate it when I get into something and I have to wait for computer problems to get fixed to get it going again.

DataKing: Thanks, DK. My fear is that I won't be able to keep it fresh. After all, it's going to be hard not to be repititious after a while, with so many games to present in one way or another. I do want to use some of the same formats over, because it's easier and there is value in the familiarity of a similar format as well, but there is an accompanying risk of it getting old. Maybe after a while, I'll ask you guys which ways of presentation you prefer (interviews, radio commentary or play-by-play, news conferences, newspaper articles and commentaries, spectator testimonials, maybe even narratives from on the pitch themselves, who knows...).

CK: That's not a coincidence. I'm well aware of Kettering's suckiness in the real life version of this season (for those of you who don't, Kettering Town finished in dead last in the 2002-03 season--by a lot). Interestingly enough, I also followed the same route with my Stalybridge Celtic and then to Welsh teams CM01-02 dynasty last year, having noted that in the 2001-02 season, the Celtic finished in dead last.

It might be noted with grimness here that I failed miserably with Stalybridge in that dynasty (although I had better success in Cwmbran Town in Wales), but hopefully I have picked up a few tricks to help me with the game in general.

Game One is coming!

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote