View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #397
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF FEBRUARY, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Backlund/Hayes v. David; recently evolved, now based on Zybszco/Orndorff feud in Georgia, (David, Backlund, Hayes, Fritz; September)
2. Villano III mask challenge; (Villano III, Kerry, Tiger Mask; October)
3. Piper v. Adonis (Adonis, Piper; December)
4. Koloff/Malenko v. Morton (Malenko, Koloff, Morton, Russell; February)
5. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
5. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts, now evolved to include Mike/Garvin/Mercer; August)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Ted Dibiase, Chris Adams, The Great Kabuki, Iceman Parsons, King Kong Bundy, Buddy Landell, Doug Sommers, Frank Dusek, Brian Adias.

-The Hayes/Backlund/David storyline is back where it belongs, on top as WCCW's hottest angle. It's been going on, under one form or another, for 6 months.

-It's still not the longest feud though - The Kevin/Buddy feud, which now involves Mike, and is soon to involve Garvin as well, has been going on since August (7 months total).

-I'll probably wait for the all of the above angles to end before a change the company's direction (and start some new ones). "The Von Erichs Implode" will be a possibility at that point.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 3rd Sun)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 2nd Sat)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 3rd Sun)

-With Brody and Funk gone, the conflicts are down to just 3. And since the only Saturday night conflict this month will be Gary Hart in week 2, I'm going to run my big monthly event "Last Man Standing", on the last Saturday of the month.

-The conflict issues are much less than the dynasty began. At the moment, WCCW is viewed as the 3rd most prestigious promotion in the world, behind only the WWF and Mid-Atlantic (I've recently surpassed All-Japan).

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-Rhese are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

Al Perez
Bill Mercer
Brian Adias
The Sheepherders
David Manning
Doug Somers
David Von Erich
Frank Dusek
Fritz Von Erich
Iceman Parsons
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
Mike Von Erich
Nikita Koloff
Owen Hart
Precious
Steve Armstrong
Sunshine
Ted Dibiase
The Great Kabuki
Tommy Rodgers
Villano IV
Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bobby Eaton is unhappy about his push
-Chris Adams is unhappy about the number of shows he hasn't be used on
-Doug Sommers in unhappy about the number of shows he hasn't been used on
-Ricky Morton is unhappy about his push
-Steve Armstrong is unhappy about his push

-Bobby Eaton is now looking for a main event push. I don't see him as anywhere close to that, so he might stay disgruntled for a while.

-Kevin and Kerry, who were unhappy with the backstage atmosphere last month, seem to be in a better mood now.

-Bill Mercer is also happier. He's still only scheduled to work half the shows (it's possible I accidentally left him in for a TV taping or two)
-This is the first time I've seen the "backstage atmosphere" complaint that Kerry and Kevin are giving - I wonder if this has something to do with them showing up for shows late, and Kerry's suspension, or if it's just a product of so many people being pissed off.

-Ricky Morton's been unhappy for a while now, but I'm not going to push him above the midcard. Same with Steve Armstrong, who I'm not going to push beyond lower midcard. My understanding that morale can effect both performance, and willingness to resign - so if I have to make cuts, those guys will get a good look.

Last edited by molson : 08-19-2007 at 11:37 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote