View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #385
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruiser Brody is exhausted after the last show.

-An interesting new tag team has emerged in Maple Leaf Wresting - Bad News Allen and Bob Backlund.

-Villano IV is being hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star. He's still only 18 years old, and already competent in the ring.

-The TV show draws a 0.52 rating. That's our biggest rating in the last 5 weeks.

-Skandor Akbar will be happy, as I've re-signed his entire Destruction, Inc. stable (as all of their contracts were up in a few weeks). Luke Williams is back for 9 months and $1,325/show. Butch Williams signs for 9 months and $1,350/show. Adrian Adonis signs for 9 months at $1,875/show. For the Sheepherders, it's a modest rate of a couple hundred per show. For Adonis, it's a more significant raise of about $600/show. Which he deserves, he's been solid since he's been here.

-I make one last desperate attempt to negotiate with Terry Funk, but Fritz again caps me out, and it's doesn't happen. Funk officially calls of negotiations, and will finish his final two dates with us. His end in WCCW will be violent.

-My tag champs, Eaton and Koko, both complain again about their push as midcarders. So finally, I push them both up to the upper midcard position. (My booking team agrees with the move). For now, I don't move anyone down to midcard to take their place, but as always, I'll re-visit all that at the end of the month. Steve Armstrong, an "Opener", also complains about his push, but I don't see him as anything close to a lower midcarder, so he'll stay where he is. If he gets too pissed off, he can go off and find a job somewhere else.

-All-Star Wrestling in the UK is apparently about 25 years ahead of it's time, as Chic Cullen has failed a steroids test with them. I'm not sure the game relevance of that, except that Cullen is now a known steroids user (which makes him more vulnerable to injury and death - usually that "characteristic" is hidden).

-Dave "Fit" Finlay has signed with New Japan. He's only 25, but it positioning himself to be an international star, as he's now working for top companies in the UK, Germany, and Japan.

-I add David Von Erich to the booking team, joining Fritz, Akbar, and Gary Hart. I have no idea what effect this has in-game, but hopefully it makes David happy. He does have the highest "booker" rating of any of my active wrestlers, now that the Mantel brothers are gone.

Last edited by molson : 08-16-2007 at 11:19 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote