View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #368
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I have to find out what storylines are going on, then plan the show and be sure to try and have some semblance of a "show" with turns and stuff to move the storylines forward. FIND the angles needed, check to make sure the minutiae matches up with the requirements to move it forward. Do this until I fill up the needed time.

it just seems chorelike to figure it all out and takes about 45minutes - 1hour to get it to the point where I feel confident that if I click "run show" it wont screw something up which inevitably happens once a month (game time).

It did take me a little while to come with my own system that let me run through a show faster.

They way I handle storylines is to just run through them twice, then I'm done. First, while I'm booking the matches of my show. If a storyline's "next stage" is match, I consider running it at that show, otherwise, I just move to the next storyline. It takes less than a minute to run through the storylines and plug in matches that forward them. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more matches to meet my quota.

Then with angles, same deal, I quickly run through the storylines one by one, and if the next step is an angle, I consider plugging that angle in. That whole process takes maybe 5 minutes. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more angles to fill up the rest of the show.

It's pretty much the same process every time, and for me, it's pretty efficient.

Making sure I didn't run a storyline angle or match wrong was a problem at first, but once I got the hang of it, it's easy. You see what kind of angle it is, then just filter the angles by that type "Hype, Remorse, Challenge", whatever. You just have to make sure that each guy has the assigned role. You can include more guys in the storyline angle, with their own roles, you just have to make sure that every "assigned" guy is in the right place. And with matches, you have to make sure you have the "Side 1" and "Side 2" assigned to the correct people (that throws a lot of people off at first).

EVERY once in a while, there's a DOTT storyline that calls for an angle that isn't in the database (I can't speak for other mods, but I'm guessing they're not as polished as DOTT). It's possible to just add a conforming angle, which is a bit of a pain, but then it's always there.

And if you ever run a dynasty, especially with a non-DOTT mod, it helps to import all the default TEW storylines into the game, just you have some simpler ones to work with. Also, there's always "unchained" storylines, where you don't have to worry about specific storyline "segments" - your storyline will advance simply if you have any 2 people in the storyline as a part the same match or angle, no matter what it is. Depending on the mod, you might have to import those "unchained" storylines.

Last edited by molson : 08-05-2007 at 10:05 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote