View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #356
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Championship Wrestling from Florida has officially gone out of business. Most of their big stars have, at this point, secured deals with other promotions, though I have requested negotiations with Barry Windham, who had previously expressed loyalty to CWF. Adrian Street is other former CWF employer who I noticed is now completely unemployed, but I don't extend a negotiation request to him (as he's already 43 years old). The final match in CWF history was Jake Roberts defeating Adrian Street

-Jerry Lawler's CWA promotion in Memphis also goes out of business. I request negotiations with Lawler, just to see what he's willing to do. The final match in CWA history was Jerry Lawler and Steve Keirn defeating Bill Dundee and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol.

-The dirt sheets are now reporting that Houston Championship Wrestling is a few months from going under. I have made a buy-out offer. Obviously, the big prize of HCW is Gino Hernandez, who I'd love to have in WCCW.

-Larry "The Axe" Hennig and the Original Mr. Wrestling have officially retired.

-I have officialy declared war on the Mexcian UWA promotion. The hope here is that Villano III leaves them, but I'm not sure if that's how it works in the game. I have maintained a "working agreement" with the bigger Mexican promotion, Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre, which should allow me to make some talent trades to bring in some Mexican talent for the "Mexican Invasion" show.

-A number of new talent make their debut this month, including DJ Peterson, Yokozuna, Mark Curtis, and Baby Doll. With the current bloated state of my roster, I don't make offers to any of them.

-In preparation of the "Mexican Invasion" show this month, i've made some talen trades with Consejo Munidal de Lucha Libre. Their top guy in terms of Texas popularity is Mil Mascaras, however since he's on a short term deal with CMLL, he's not available for trade. The next highest guy in terms of Texas popularity is Grand Marcus Jr. - so I bring him in for a 3 show deal, in exchange for Kerry Von Erich. I also bring in young CMLL star Ringo Mendoza (who has some limited overness in Texas), for 3 shows in exchange for David Von Erich. Finally, I trade Tiger Mask for CMLL main eventer Fishman, in a 3-appearance loan contract.

Last edited by molson : 08-08-2007 at 11:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote